Monday 7 July 2014

Just another day at the home-office

It is a beautiful, crisp winter's day in Joburg and it is always great to be out and about on days like these! As I so often write, my days consist of trying to successfully balance being a professional architect that delivers a professional architectural service and trying to be the prefect mother and wife to my family.

With a busy schedule, that sometimes keeps me away from the house for longer than planned, there are days where I cannot wait to get home and give my little Antonlief a cuddle. The last few weeks have been particularly busy and I would give anything for a lazy afternoon where I can give my full attention to my boy! I think sometimes because I did not make the decision to fully return to work, with an off site office and fixed office hours, I can easily feel like I am failing as a stay-at-home mom. Mixing playtime with me typing an email / reading a client brief or the like is not ideal, but I suppose I should also realise that the mere fact that I can spend some time with him during the day is a very big blessing!

Everyday spent with this little creature is an adventure and sometimes I wish that I didn't have to juggle him among the other aspects of life. But it is this life that keeps me sane and probably makes me a better (and more interesting) mother to him in the end. Through his eyes I have learnt to appreciate all the small and almost forgotten elements of everyday life again. With him by my side I am learning to be more effective with my time spent in the office or on site and to properly indulge in my free time!


Antonlief the best business partner EVER!


No comments:

Post a Comment