Monday 3 November 2014

A life worth living




Yesterday I hosted my baby sister's wedding shower and what a wonderful day it was!

To spoil her with a special day with close friends and family was the biggest pleasure in the world even though I must admit, the thought that this will be my littlelist sister saying "I do" fills me with mixed emotions! I am extremely proud of the husband that she has selected to spend the rest of her life with and I am filled with awe at how these two are planning and managing their future dreams and goals! These two are such a good match and I cannot wait for their special day!!



Seeing her excitement and anticipation for this 'new life' that is beginning soon made me think of the time that the husband and I were going through the same motions.. Planning a wedding, house hunting and the anticipation of finally being a married couple - wow it feels like a lifetime ago! At the end of this month we will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary already! And what a wonderful, exciting and adventurous 4 years it has been!!!!



This made me realise how quickly time is slipping by and how we must treasure each other everyday! In the past 4 years we celebrated friends getting married, witnessed and experienced new lives growing and being born, said sad and unexpected goodbyes to others, fought the various battles of every day life, learnt to love deeper, felt pain, laughed happy laughs, cried some sad tears and experienced life in its entirety! 



I know 4 years isn't a lot when you compare it to a lifetime's worth of experiences and adventures, but this has been the best 4 years of my life and the beginning and birth of my little (and growing) family! 4 Wonderful, happy and FULL years and if I could wish for anything for my little sister and her husband to be it would be that they can also, after 4 years of marriage (or 10 or 40 years for that matter) be content, happy and fulfilled with the life that they have chosen.

Happy living!! 





1 comment: