Wednesday 5 November 2014

Expanding little family


Those of you following my Instagram feed are by now well aware that our little family of 3 will be growing to 4 members early in the new year... Eeeeeeeek a reality that have not really sunken in yet!

My estimated due date is on the 6th of March, but my doctor have already mentioned a Cesarian date of around the 26th of February. This means that we will be meeting our new son (its a boy!) in less than 4 months!!!!

This time round I have experienced pregnancy in a whole different manner! No more stolen naps when I feel the need or just because I want to, no more embracing the ups and downs of morning sickness or having the husband treat me like I might break.. nopes! Now that I am already a mother all the luxuries that I had during my first pregnancy are being gulped up by the much needed attention and demands of little Anton. This means that some days are tough and that I don't have an alternative option but to push through the day and wait until Anton's nap or bedtime before I can finally put my feet up! (As I am writing now I am wondering if I will regret not having a lie down as Anton is taking his afternoon nap now.)

I am sure many mothers before me and many still to come will go through the same emotions when expecting their second child, I must be honest I am a little bit overwhelmed. I keep on asking myself if I will have enough love for two little ones!? How in the world will it be possible to have my heart love more than it is already loving now!? Between my love for the husband and little Anton I often experience SERIOUS heart ache when I think of them - will it be possible to fit another love like theirs in there?? Will I be able to cope with the demands of the little one while caring and loving for Anton and the husband as I am doing now? Will I still be able to work and deliver on my goals and high standards? Will the husband and I have ANY time for each other? These are but a few thoughts that keep on creeping into my mind and that I probably will only be able to answer next year - I will keep you posted.

For now I am silently excited, a little bit scared and some what overwhelmed over what might be. I am giving Anton as much of me as I possibly can, I am spending as much time as possible with the husband too and all this while praying that God will protect our little family and the growing little baby inside of me and keep us as a happy and healthy unit for as long as physically possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment