Tuesday 12 May 2015

Brothers - a friendship that is made to last

So many people warned us that the transition from having 1 child to 2 is far greater than it was going from 0 - 1. And although they were right in certain instances I wish they would not only tell us about the bad stuff, but also emphasize the good!!!

Anton, now 2 years and 2 months, and little Hendrik, a mere 2 months and 2 weeks currently dictate how my days and even my nights run and they decide when I can have a quick cup of tea, eat lunch and sometimes even when I can take a shower. BUT with the demands of these two little creatures comes entertainment and dialogue that NEVER fails to please. OK, no dialogue from Hendrik yet, but his constant smiling when Anton is around does indicate that he can see the clown that is his older brother.

Like I say - never a dull moment with these two and this is only but the beginning. I am excited when I think of the fun and laughter these 2 will still have, the battles they will face together, the games they will play and the fights they will have to settle. As a mother I have the privilege to experience this relationship firsthand and I am grateful for every moment that I can share with these two. 


  
 
It is my daily prayer that my two boys will laugh more than they will cry, play more than they will struggle, live full lives and, most importantly, enjoy each other and treasure the special bond that only siblings can have!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. And that sibling relationship is so special! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah this is so beautiful. Sweet little brothers. To Hendrik Anton is the funniest person ever, so sweet. Enjoy their giggles mama. Siblings are the best that is true. xx

    ReplyDelete