Wednesday 20 May 2015

Thank you goes a long way

I received such a sweet thank you message from one of my clients last night and it reminded me why I love my job so much. I enjoy the entire process - from the coffee dates and meetings in the beginning (I call this the dream phase) until the day the client actually moves into the space. But it is when you receive a message like this 3 months after they've moved in that you know the project was a success and only then can you really feel good about the design.

When a client initially moves into a new space they are still in a honeymoon phase as everything is new and exciting and they are usually quite happy. Only once they've actually lived in and used the space for a while will they really be able to tell you what they think and when you get a satisfied client at this stage you know you can relax - a very good feeling indeed!

I am the type of person that thrives and excels on a "pat on the back" and this lack of recognition when you are working on your own is sometimes difficult and a bit demotivating. Therefore this message received last night was beyond  meaningful but also inspiring and motivating for my current projects at hand.

I quote an extract from the message that made me so happy:

"Thank you for today and all your input on the project.It was a pleasure!  
You have a light Rochelle, use it!"

Not only was this a great message to receive it also reminded me how being thankful can positively influence other people's lives - to never underestimate the power of words and always try to brighten up someone's day!


No comments:

Post a Comment