Wednesday 11 June 2014

Progress report _ motherhood

Little Anton Christiaan Derksen was born on 12/03/203 and is now just about 15 months old and it is hard to imagine that he was not always a part of our household! The past 15 months have been all consuming with immense love and devotion to this little prince of ours! He is my happy-go-lucky, smiling paw paw and even though he is a bit like a tornado meets hurricane I love the life he brings into my life!

Motherhood came very easily and naturally for me, but this does not mean that I didn't face a few challenges and obstacles along the way. Relationships changed, work changed, routines changed, ultimately I changed and suddenly my life had to revolve around keeping a little baby happy and healthy. A task I did (and still do) with 100% enthusiasm and love. A task that became my way of life and that made me reconnect with who I am, where I want to be and what I want to do, because suddenly I had to prioritise and plan well if I wanted to do something or go somewhere. 
 Apart from the extra amount of love and warmth that Anton brought into our lives, he also brought a change to our household dynamic.The husband and I have been together for almost 10 years now and ultimately we had to learn a new dance too. As parents I would say we are doing a good job and I am certain that our relationship has, since Anton's arrival, also blossomed into a more mature "grownup" companionship. As I mentioned in my previous post - he is still my one and only, my most favouritist man.

I so often think back to the time that I just found out that I was pregnant, seeing the first scan of this new life, feeling the baby moving and kicking for the first time and giving birth to a beautiful, perfect little boy and all I can say is WOW! what an amazing experience, but when I thought that there could be nothing better than that experience I could not have been more wrong!
Anton is an ongoing work of art, a little miracle, a ray of sunshine, an entertainer, a bundle of joy - my crown prince and I absolutely LOVE being this little creature's mother!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment