Thursday 12 June 2014

Progress report _ R.chitect Studio

As mentioned in my Spinning in a new direction post in 2012, I started my own Architectural company, R.chitect Studio and I have been going at it alone for over 2 years already! What an adventure this has been. Quitting my job meant that I also quit the certainty of getting a salary at the end of the month and what used to be my employers' risks and problems suddenly became my risks and problems. This new chapter was a bit daunting in the beginning and it was tough to get going, but after 2 years I can honestly say that R.chitect Studio is alive and kicking!


I have been working on a broad spectrum of projects varying in size and budget and it is in these variations that my inspiration and fuel for more work lies. I will aim to post and write a bit more about this aspect of my life in this "new season" of Worded Reflections and as always I will share great finds and beautiful inspirations.

My highlight for the past year, other than the great projects that I have been involved in, must definitely be designing, constructing and moving into my own little studio at our house. With this addition, I have a private creative space and it assists in trying to split work and family life - although I would be lying if I said Anton never visits me here. (I will do a separate post on this space soon)

A few of R.chitect Studio's projects, all in different stages and phases

My work keeps me sane and prevents my brain from turning into baby mush. It is a precious and well loved hobby and to see a happy and satisfied client is both rewarding and fulfilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment