Thursday 12 February 2015

the homestretch

i have three friends that delivered and welcomed their new babies into the world the past couple of weeks. as for me, my clock is ticking and if it is God's will by this time in 2 week's time i will be holding our new little boy in my arms. how exciting is that!

the more i reflect on the past months of this pregnancy and even thinking about when i was expecting little anton. i am overwhelmed by this amazing, natural process of life. i am humbled at how God can create a little human being and make it grow and develop into a person - a unique and perfect little person. i am honoured to have been able to experience this journey once already and standing at the finish line of this one i am praying that the last few days and the delivery will also run smoothly.

another expecting friend posted this verse yesterday and it spoke to me so directly i cannot help but recite it here today:

You lead me in the path of life; I experience absolutely joy in your presence; 
you always give me sheer delight. Ps 16:11

my friends recently hosted a small baby-shower to celebrate the arrival of little hendrik and again i was overwhelmed by the love and support they all showed us. i tried to put into words how blessed my children were to already be shown such love even before birth, but it is not always easy when there are so many emotions brewing inside of you! i am grateful and humbled by the words and acts of support all through this pregnancy and blessed to have been shown such support and given such great baby spoils! it is the little things that make the entire journey more bearable and fun.

i suspect that i might be boring some of you with all my babytalk on Worded Reflections, please bare with me, this is one of the most important things in my life at the moment... have a blessed day xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Baby talk is the best! Thank you for sharing this. Enjoy the last few days before your beautiful times of new baby haze xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. most important thing now and always xxx

    ReplyDelete